There are two fantastic readathons starting this weekend, and I couldn’t be more excited.
On Saturday (at 8:00 AM for the east coast start time) Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon kicks off. This popular event is celebrating its tenth anniversary this year. This will be my first time participating, and I can’t wait to read as much as I can during the 24 hours.
The bookish fun continues into Sunday with the beginning of the Autumn Readathon hosted by one of my favorite Booktubers, MerceysBookishMusings. This brand new event will run until Saturday October 28th.
I’ve put together a pretty ambitious TBR list that I plan to pick and choose from for both readathons:
- Lady Audley’s Secret, Mary Elizabeth Braddon (Victober, R.I.P. XII)
- Black Rabbit Hall, Eve Chase (R.I.P. XII)
- The Essex Serpent, Sarah Perry
- Miss Marjoribanks, Margaret Oliphant (Victober)
- Murder on the Orient Express, Agatha Christie (R.I.P. XII)
- The Silent Companions (ARC, R.I.P. XII)
- The Lifted Veil, George Eliot (Victober, R.I.P. XII)
Short Story Collections:
- Snowdrift and Other Stories, Georgette Heyer (ARC)
- Continental Crimes (British Library Crime Classics), edited by Martin Edwards (ARC)
I tried to include a mix of classics, historical fiction, short stories, and mysteries. I’m currently reading and loving Lady Audley’s Secret and Miss Marjoribanks, and hope to make a huge dent in both books over the course of the two readathons. Otherwise, I plan to wait and see what kind of reading I’m in the mood for.
Are you participating in either (or both) of these readathons?
Painting: Matisse, Henri. Still Life with Books and Candle. 1890. Oil on canvas. Private Collection.