Lately, I’ve been thinking about my upcoming reads for 2018, as well as the books I want to get to before the end of this year. So really this was the perfect time to compile my first round of 5 Star TBR Pile Predictions.
This is a challenge created by Booktuber MercysBookishMusings, where you select five books from your TBR pile that you expect to rate as 5 star reads.
Here are mine:
- Mariana by Monica Dickens– I think I’ll love this cozy bildungsroman set in England between the wars. Besides, how could I go wrong with one of Persephone Books most popular novels?!
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters– I gave 5 stars to both The Paying Guests and The Little Stranger, and I don’t expect this twisty Victorian caper to disappoint. I’m also aware that this is many people’s favorite Sarah Waters novel.
- Possession by A. S. Byatt– A dual timeline literary mystery and romance featuring Victorian poets sounds like just my cup of tea.
- Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain– I fully expect to be blown away by Vera Brittain’s heartbreakingly beautiful prose.
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt– Donna Tartt’s writing plus a stolen painting plus a coming-of-age story is the perfect equation for a 5 star read as far as I’m concerned. I’ve been saving this one precisely because I think I’m going to love it so much.
Most of these titles are also on my 2018 TBR Pile Challenge, so I should be getting to them sooner rather than later. I can’t wait to see whether or not my predictions are correct…
Were any of these books 5 star reads for you?
Feel free to share your own 5 star TBR Pile Predictions below