There are not one, but two exciting readathons that kick off this Saturday, October 20th!
The first is the well-known Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon. I don’t think I’ll be able to read as much as I’d like to on Saturday, but I couldn’t not participate to some degree in one of my favorite reading/blogging events.
Luckily, there’s a second readathon that will run until Friday, October 26th. Booktuber Mercedes of MercysBookishMusings is hosting an Autumn Readathon that features six fun prompts.
I’m looking forward to squeezing in as much reading as I can over this next week.
Here’s what I’m planning to pick up:
On Saturday for the Dewey’s Readathon, my goal is to finish The Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters and dip in and out of Lore and/or Tales of Men and Ghosts. If I have enough time, I’d like to start The Other Typist as well.
For the rest of the week, I’ll pick up as many of the books below as possible.
Autumn Readathon Prompts:
- Read a gothic/spooky book: The Corset by Laura Purcell
- Read a non-fiction book that feels autumnal – this could be nature writing or cold location travel writing: The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Mahnk
- Read a novel set in a cold location: Sparkling Cyanide by Agatha Christie
- Read a historical fiction novel: The Other Typist by Suzzane Rindell
- Read a short story collection: Tales of Men and Ghosts by Edith Wharton
- Read an adult novel about a young female protagonist: Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase
Will you be participating in either of these readathons? What books are you planning to read this week?