The 2019 TBR Pile Challenge is hosted by Adam at Roof Beam Reader, with the goal of reading the books that have been languishing on our shelves. The challenge is to read and review 12 unread books that have been on your shelf for more than a year, during the 12 months of 2019.
My 2018 challenge was a huge failure, but it’s a new year full of new possibilities.
Here’s my list of 12 Books and two alternates:
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (2013)*
- Swing Time by Zadie (2016)
- A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson (2015)
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (2000)
- How to be Both by Ali Smith (2014)
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed (2012)
- The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James (1881)
- Golden Hill by Frances Spufford (2016)
- The Night Watch by Sarah Waters (2006)**
- The Priory by Dorothy Whipple (1939)
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett (2011)
- The Butcher’s Hook by Janet Ellis (2016)
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Won’t Stop Talking by Susan Caine (2012)
- Westwood by Stella Gibbons (1946)
*If I don’t at least read The Goldfinch in 2019, I really shouldn’t be allowed to keep blogging. PLEASE YELL AT ME UNTIl I’VE FINISHED IT!
** I started The Night Watch this past fall but didn’t get very far before setting it aside
I’m currently very excited about all of these, so hopefully that bodes well for a successful challenge! Several of these were on my TBR Pile Challenge list last year, while all of these have been on my TBR list for years now.
Do you spy any favorites on this list?
Let me know if you’re participating in the 2019 TBR Pile Challenge too! (We can hold each other accountable)