It’s time for one of my favorite reading events of the year: Readers Imbibing Peril, aka R.I.P. This year marks the thirteenth (!!) round of the challenge, which is all about enjoying books that could be classified as: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, and/or Supernatural. The fun starts September 1st and runs until October 31st.
You can find out more about R.I.P XIII and sign up here.
I’m not ready to commit to a set TBR list, but here are some of the books I’m considering reading.
Books on my shelves:
- Tales of Men and Ghosts by Edith Wharton
- The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Mahnke
- The Art of the English Murder by Lucy Worsley
- Sparkling Cyanide by Agatha Christie
- Idaho by Emily Ruskovich
- Black Rabbit Hall by Eve Chase
- In the Woods by Tana French
- Thornyhold, OR Stormy Petrel, OR Wildfire at Midnight by Mary Stewart
Books I might read if I get my hands on a copy:
- The Corset by Laura Purcell
- Affinity by Sarah Waters
- Melmoth by Sarah Perry
- Ghost Wall by Sarah Moss
There’s quite the mix of supernatural, gothic, mysteries, suspense and thrillers I’m excited to get to.
Are you looking forward to R.I.P XIII? Have you read any of these books?