The Persephone Readathon Round 2* will take place from Friday, September 21st through Sunday, September 30th.
This will be a laid back readathon; read as much or as little as you’d like. The goal is simply to enjoy reading and discussing all things Persephone Books.**
Make sure to follow along and share on social media using #PersephoneReadathon throughout the event.
If you’re interested in submitting a guest post (including reviews) or hosting a giveaway for the readathon, I’d love to hear from you! You can email me at: dwellinpossibilityblog at gmail dot com.
*What are Persephone Books you may ask? Persephone Books are a London based independent publisher and bookseller, who specialize in neglected books by (mostly) women writers from (mainly) the mid-twentieth century. You can view their website here, and read more about them here and here.
**At this time, Persephone has published 128 books (Full list here). Many of these titles can also be found from other publishers, and some books are even in the public domain and available for free download. You do not have to only read editions published by Persephone. Any edition of these 128 titles counts for this readathon. I know Persephone books can be expensive and difficult to track down, especially outside of the UK. Here in the US, I’ve had good luck with Abebooks for great prices on secondhand copies, and Book Depository for free shipping. Don’t forget to check your local library too!
And here’s a list of Persephone Books available as eBooks, including several that are FREE in the Public Domain
Links to Posts
General Persephone Posts:
- My Persephone Books Collection
- A Few Persephone Readalikes
- Top Ten Tuesday: Virago and Persephone Books
- Guest Post: Kitchen Essays from Persephone
- Persephone eBooks (Including free downloads)
- Sunday Salon: Persephone Readathon Edition
- From Page to Screen: Persephone Book Adaptations
- 4 Publishers That Should Be On Your Radar if You Love Persephone Books
#PersephoneReadathon (Round 2) September 21-30, 2018 Posts:
Mini #PersephoneReadathon June 1-3, 2018 Posts:
- Announcing the Mini Persephone Readathon
- Mini Persephone Readathon Sign-Up
- Help Pick My Mini Persephone Readathon Book
- Mini Persephone Readathon Challenge List
- Mini Persephone Readathon Open Post (June 1-3, 2018)
- And the Winner is…
- Persephone Book Review: The Village by Marghanita Laski
- It’s a Wrap on the Mini Persephone Readathon!
#PersephoneReadathon February 1-11, 2018 Posts:
- Announcing the Persephone Readathon
- Countdown to the #PersephoneReadathon
- Daily Challenge List
- Persephone Readathon Sign-Up
- My Persephone Readathon TBR List
- Persephone Readathon: Day 1
- Persephone Readathon Open Post: Days 2-4
- Persephone Readathon Open Post: Days 5-7
- Persephone Readathon Open Post: Days 8-10
- Persephone Readathon Open Post: Day 11
- #PersephoneReadathon: Thank You!!!
Header Image Credit: Daniel Dalton/BuzzFeed