It’s a truth universally acknowledged, that all good things must come to an end. (Sorry, I couldn’t resist)
Austen in August may be over, but I’m not ready to say goodbye just yet. So let’s take a look back at last month’s event.
In addition to the following Austen posts, I managed to read two Austen related novels and one biography, and re-watch the 2009 BBC Emma miniseries.
My Austen in August Guest Post: 10 Austenesque Writers
- The Jane Austen Project by Kathleen A. Flynn
- The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Jane Austen at Home by Lucy Worsley (review to come)
- Sunday Salon Jane Austen Edition
- Beautiful Austen Editions
- Austen on Etsy
- Austen Items From Around the Internet
- 6 Degrees of Separation- Pride and Prejudice
- Top Ten Tuesday- Books About Jane Austen (I actually posted this in July, but thought it was worth sharing here)
- Jane Austen’s Portable Writing Desk
- Bookish Buzz: Bicentennial of Jane Austen’s Death (also posted in July, but also relevant here)
- Austen in August Intro Post
Posts I Enjoyed From Fellow #AusteninAugustRBR Participants:
- Top Ten Things We Get Wrong About Jane Austen at Girl with her Head in a Book
- BookerTalk’s The Many Sides of Jane Austen
- The Watsons by Jane Austen from Brona’s Books
- Review of Longbourn by Jo Baker at My Head is Full of Books
- The Mystery of Emma Guest Post by WildmooBook
A huge thank you to Adam from Roof Beam Reader for hosting this event! Till next year!
How was your Austen in August?